Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Jimmy Wilson Jr.
Jimmy_Wilson_Jr. was proposed for deletion. This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record. The result of the debate was DELETE
- Delete. Gang shooting victims are not particularly notable. If you're going to make an article about somebody only known for their cause of death, it better be good, like being shot by aliens with laser guns on top of the Kremlin. [[User:Livajo|Ливай | ☺]] 02:03, 17 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Delete: Victim of a crime. Alas, in the US such persons are altogether too common. Geogre 02:10, 17 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Delete, sad, but not notable. --Spangineer ∞ 02:32, Dec 17, 2004 (UTC)
- Abstain. Is there a place where I can check the news from that period to check notability? - Andre Engels 02:53, 17 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Delete, nn, there's something going on between the lines on this one. Wyss 03:35, 17 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Delete --fvw* 03:35, 2004 Dec 17 (UTC)
- Abstain. There might be something notable in the foundation founded after his death.
- Would it make sense to have an article about the foundation, and describe Jimmy Wilson, Jr. there? If so, then create a Jimmy Wilson Jr. Foundation article and Merge. If the Foundation hasn't done anything particularly noteworthy, then Delete. Wikipedia is not a memorial, and unfortunately a police officer getting shot is not notable. --TenOfAllTrades 21:59, 21 Dec 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. Wikipedia is not a memorial. Rossami (talk) 22:24, 17 Dec 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion or on the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.